What type of boiler is best?
Pipeline Plumbing Services Ltd. can provide a highly experienced plumber and/or heating engineer to Pulborough and its surrounding areas.
Is it time for a new boiler? If so, we recommend you reading this post! Then you can know which boiler type is best for your home.
There are three main types of boiler: combi, system and conventional. To find out more about them- including their pros and cons, and the house types they are best suited to, please read on!
Combination (aka combi) boilers, are the most popular boiler type in the UK. They provide hot water and heat in just one unit. There is no need for cylinders or water tanks, which means they require a lot more space. So, they are perfect for small homes, with limited shortage space. And both gas and electric combi boilers are available.
- You can achieve unlimited hot water and heating, whenever you need it
- They take up little space
- You don’t need to have a tank in your loft. So, you have more room available in your home to store other items.
- If you need hot water from multiple taps at the same time, the water pressure could significantly decrease.
- Installing a combi boiler can be quite tricky.
These are therefore best for families/homes, who don’t demand lots of hot water, at the same time. And they are not ideal for large families/home with multiple bathrooms, who have higher hot water demands- e.g. requiring hot water from multiple taps.
These are also referred to as sealed systems. They come with a water cylinder, but no water tank. The water cylinder is normally placed in an airing cupboard.
- Like combi boilers, there is no need to store a tank in your loft
- You can receive hot water from several taps simultaneously
- You don’t get hot water instantly
- It’s possible for hot water to run out. When this happens you’ll have to wait so the water can be reheated.
- You will need to locate some space to store the cylinder.
These are suitable for homes, which want hot water in several places at the same time.
These are also known as regular or open vent boilers. These have both a tank and cylinder.
- You can receive hot water from more than one tap at the same time.
- Good in areas where water pressure is low
- Like system boilers you will have to wait for water to be reheated, if the hot water runs out.
- These take up more space- you will need to find room for both the tank and cylinder.
These are suitable for homes, which need hot water in multiple places, at the same time. They are good boilers to install when you are a replacing an existing conventional boiler. Because, if your property has an older radiator system, it might not be able to handle the higher water pressure that system and combi boilers deliver.
If you would like more advice on boiler types, contact a professional. They will always be happy to discuss your requirements, before advising which boiler is best for you.
Do you need a plumber in Pulborough?
If you need a heating engineer or plumber in Pulborough, or its surrounding areas, please do not hesitate to contact us. With a combined experience of 38 years in the plumbing and heating industry, we’re confident that we can meet all your heating and plumbing needs!